Working for Investing News Network
The Investing News Network's is comprised from a group of ambitious, motivated and hard working individuals building a reputable and trusted brand for investors. We have created a fun, fast paced, honest and supportive working environment committed to delivering value to our readers and our clients.
If you have like minded values and are seeking a career with a growing and credible company we want to meet you. Please review the list of open positions below and apply accordingly to
- + Don't lie. There is always more value in the truth.
- + Have fun. It is important to enjoy the things you do. life it too short.
- + Deliver value. This will ensure we are always viable.
- + Ask for help. We can do everythign we set out to do when we do it together.
The Investing News Network is looking for a web developer who wants to have a big impact on our online web publishing business. Please visit and have a look at Resource Investing News to get an idea of the content we publish on our network.
We're looking for someone who is sincerely interested in:
- Evaluating data to make decisions to improve traffic and conversions
- Working with awesome people to design features to help our users and clients, using data and technical knowledge to contribute informed decisions
- Designing and implementing technology to automate key business processes from the ground up
Our core publishing platform is built on wordpress and we have writers from all over the world contributing stories. We need someone who wants to:
- Look at our data to understand the best way we can improve our traffic and increase conversions
- Clean up or replace old code that isn't cutting the mustard
Absolutely Need to Have Experience With
HTML, CSS, JS
PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, making Apache do good things
Linux, SSH and Git
Needs the ability to understand/learn
Java, GWT, appengine
among many of the other fun programs we use such as
- LESS (a css precompiler, lesscss.org)
- Twitter Bootstrap (html5 CSS + js framework, getbootstrap.com)
- Fabric (easy deployment! fabfile.org)
- Bitbucket (git hosting, bitbucket.org)
- Knowledge of responsive web design, and caring about mobile in general
- Knowing how to use a dom inspector and writing clean CSS
Please make it clear what experience you have with regard to increasing traffic or conversions, as this is what is extremely important to our company. Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resume, cover letter highlighting where your experience meets our requirements, a selection of published content or related portfolio and include salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The objective of this role is to build relationships with CEO’s of publicly traded companies and sell Dig Media’s unique advertising and lead generation services. Client development manager will also provide excellent customer services and help optimize campaigns of obtained clients.
In order to meet quota’s, client development personal will research new prospects, qualify, close business and maintain long term client relationships.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Develop leads of publicly traded junior exploration and mining companies from research on the Internet, your personal network and large in-house database
- Pro-active tele-sales and in person meetings to present advertising and lead generation solutions in a professional manner
- Manage sales opportunities and activity through SalesForce.
- Negotiate campaign agreements
- Representing Dig Media at financial trade events
- Capacity to analyze and comprehend financial information.
Present campaign metrics and help clients maximize their return on investment
You will be considered for the position if you have a good combination of:
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Telephone sales experience required
+Experience with Business-to-Business, online media sales
- Understanding of investor relations a plus
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- An outgoing and energetic personality with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven record of accomplishment in sales a must!
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The objective of this role is to write content across the Resource Investing News Network. Conducts research to obtain factual information and authentic detail for the news network.
The Staff Writer provides writing services that facilitate the accurate and timely communication of information to the Resource Investing News audiences. Applying your excellent writing skills and advanced research abilities, you develop and edit materials including web content, articles, editorials and publications. Analytical and adept at writing for diverse audiences, you have the expertise to recommend options and approaches to achieve communications objectives. Quick to learn, flexible and able to identify target audiences and develop innovative communication options, you enjoy the opportunity for growth that the Resource Investing News offers.
Success for the Writer will be determined by:
- High quality content – write high quality content across the Resource Investing News Network
- Industry Knowledge – Work with a team to understand the industry or markets in order to react to and be ahead of trends and major developments.
- Building audiences – A key driver of our success is the expansion of our audience. The Writer will contribute to success by ensuring content is timely and relevant, well written and consistent, balanced and engaging, and optimized for search engines.
- Successfully meeting set deadlines
This full-time staff member is based in Vancouver and reports to the Senior Editor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Investing News Network
- Write compelling, actionable, content features and elements for investors--including, but not limited to: daily and weekly content feature articles, special sections, newsletters, polls, photos, blogs, podcasts, Twitter feeds, news, reviews, search, user comments, and more
- Write features and conduct interviews on key topics
- Research the commodity markets and reporting on current market developments, supply/demand fundamentals shaping price, etc.
- Create and write original, web-only content, to incorporate cross-company content on the web, and to recommend web integration points for offline media
- Write approximately 25 feature and educational articles per month on the resource markets and the mining industry – keeping to the schedule set by the Senior Editor
- Uploading articles to Wordpress
- Commodities to be covered would include (not limited to): gold, copper, silver, nickel, tin, moly, manganese and rare earths
- Ensure that content is both consistent and accurate and that all deadlines are met
- Remain current on industry trends; make recommendations on ways to continually innovate
- Able to attend and report on industry related events in the Vancouver area
- Reviews, submits for approval, and revises written material to meet personal standards and satisfy needs of the publisher
- Conduct interviews with industry leaders
Other duties are required to ensure that the Resource investing News Network continues to be a huge success!
You will be considered for the position if you have a good combination of:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, journalism, geology (or related field)
- Previous experience writing about the commodity markets, the economy or the mining industry
- Strong writing skills with an ability to convey complex ideas in an interesting, easily understandable way
- Excellent command of the English language
- Journalism experience a must
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of or experience in the commodities markets, finance, and mining industry
- Reliable and responsible
- Understanding of SEO a plus
Please send resume, cover letter highlighting where your experience meets our requirements, a selection of published content or related portfolio and include salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.